When are Permits Required?
Zoning Permits are generally required for most modifications on a property except for routine property maintenance operations. Common activities requiring Zoning Permits include:
- Installing an Above or In Ground Pool
- Constructing/Installing an Accessory Structure (Shed, Gazebo, Garage or Barn)
- Installing a Generator, A/C Condenser, Fuel Storage Tank
- Installing a Fence
- Installing a Solar Array, both Roof and Ground Mounted Systems
- Installing a Patio, Walkway, Driveway or other Impervious Surface
- Constructing a Finished Basement
- Expanding/Modifying established uses within an existing Residence or Business
- Changing a Use within an Existing Building / Tenant Space
- Conducting a Temporary Activity (typically related to nonresidential uses and block parties)
- Removing more than 150" (dbh) of trees within a 10-year period
Download a Zoning Permit Application or submit a Zoning Information Request from the list of application forms, below.