How do I enter a Not Guilty Plea?
If you intend to plead not guilty to the offense charged on the summons and you want to have a trial, you must notify the court at least seven days before your scheduled court date (address and other instructions can be found on your summons). If you fail to notify the court, it may be necessary for you to make two court appearances.

It is imperative that the person directly involved with the case, not a friend or relative, contact the court. This will help speed inquiries. It is also imperative that you have your summons/complaint number when calling or writing so that we may be better able to assist you.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Municipal Court?
2. What type of cases are heard in Municipal Court?
3. When is a court appearance required?
4. How do I enter a Not Guilty Plea?
5. What happens on your day in court?
6. In what order are cases called?
7. What are "indictable charges"?
8. What happens at an "arraignment" or "first appearance"?
9. Who are the people involved in court?
10. Who is entitled to a public defender?
11. What is a Plea Agreement?
12. What happens during a trial?
13. What are the possible penalties?
14. What is mediation?
15. What is a Conditional Discharge?
16. How can I appeal my case?