The Administration Department ensures the equitable distribution of services and information with integrity and accountability. The Department strives to balance the Township's deep, rich history with technology to make Hopewell a welcoming, safe, affordable community for all.
Administration's core duties include providing support to all departments, managing daily operations, and coordinating government services and communication between the Township Committee, Township Departments, consultants, businesses, visitors, and residents while working within Federal, State, County, and local regulations and guidelines.
The Administration Department is a dynamic team that is passionate about meeting the needs of the employees and the public. The staff is focused on accountability, responsiveness, effective and responsible budgeting, respect, employee development, and purpose. We are here to serve the community.
The department of Administration provides:
- Management of the Township organization
- Support for the Township Committee and other boards, committees and commissions
- Project management
- Personnel and Risk Management
- Public Relations and Public Information
The Township Administrator position is established by ordinance to carry out the above functions of the department, review, recommend and carry out the policies and programs authorized by the Committee. The Administrator is the chief administrative officer for the Township and is appointed by the Township Committee. All departments report to the Township Administrator.
The Department of Administration is responsible for:
- Board Support
- Budget Preparation
- Cable Television Information and Communications
- Computer Systems
- Departmental Supervision and Coordination
- Labor Contract Negotiations
- Personnel and Benefit Administration
- Project Management
- Risk Management and Insurance Administration
- Professional Contracts
- Telephone System
- Social Media