A brush drop-off center is available Fridays, 7:30 am - 2:30 pm, August 14-October 2, 2020 for Hopewell Township residents to drop off storm brush. The entrance is located at the Scotch Road Municipal Athletic Center driveway.
- Proof of residency, facemask, and social distancing required
- No contractors, commercial vehicles, or businesses
- Pets and children shall remain in vehicles
- Brush shall be removed from bags
- Employees cannot unload or load vehicles
2020 collection is scheduled to start on the following days:
- May 4
- October 5
- May 11
- October 13
- May 18
- October 19
Brush Collection Guidelines Brush will be picked up by zone according to the published schedule, except for Route 29 and Route 31. Pickup for Route 29 and Route 31 will be the last week of the month, weather permitting.
As per Township ordinance:
- All wire, nails and metal shall be completely removed from the pile.
- Brush mixed with leaves will not be collected.
- Collection will be limited to brush and tree pruning. No vine, multiflora rose,ornamental grasses, bamboo, tree stumps, diseased material, or firewood.
- Diseased material and firewood will not be collected.
- Maximum brush pile size: 4 feet wide by 4 feet high by 15 feet long.
Disposal of material in excess of the maximum brush pile size shall be the responsibility of the homeowner within 10 calendar days of the township having performed collection for that lot.
- Do not place brush in street, gutter, or within 10 feet of any storm drain inlet. Yard waste may be placed up to the edge of pavement or to the inside edge of curb for streets with no sidewalks. Under no circumstances shall yard waste be placed on sidewalks or in a manner that obstructs safe street sight distances or driveway sight distances. Placement of yard waste must occur on the frontage of the tax lot from which the yard waste originated.
- Limbs and brush must be placed in an orderly manner with all butts (6-inch diameter maximum) facing road.
- Limbs shall be no longer than 4 feet.
- Small twigs must be bagged.
- Tree stumps, trunks and limbs in excess of 6-inch diameter will not be collected.