Hello. I’m David Chait, a Hopewell Township Committee member, wishing you a Happy Fall and bringing you this month’s community update.
October is a busy month!
Public Works is picking up brush all month, by zone. Please have your brush out by 7am on Monday of your week and you can find more information on your zone, what is acceptable brush, and other questions on the Township website. (www.hopewelltwp.org/publicworks).
Hunting in the Township started this month. Hunting parcels are clearly marked. Please abide by these signs and keep your pets and yourselves out of these areas for everyone’s safety.
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, National Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and National Fire Prevention Month among many other important celebrations and awareness events.
I’d also like to wish all the Jewish members of our community a very happy New Year and a Happy Diwali, the festival of lights, to those who will be celebrating later this month.
The Township Committee met on October 3rd and there is also a Township Committee meeting on October 17th.
Additionally, the Township Offices will be closed on Monday, Oct 10th, for Indigenous Peoples Day and Columbus Day.
There are lots of exciting events throughout the month. A few highlights include:
• This Saturday evening October 8th, Hopewell Township Recreation is presenting their free Halloween Movie in the Park, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, rated PG-13 at 6:30pm at Woolsey Park.
• Saturday October 15th is the Fall Clean Communities Day, sponsored by FoHVOS which starts the Township Public Works building.
• Woolsey Park is hosting the Hopewell Valley Arts Council’s Amazing Pumpkin Carve 2022 from Wed Oct 12th through Sunday October 16th. This year there will be 35 massive pumpkins weighing 125 lbs or more, carved by local artists. This can be viewed this year by car or by walk-thru.
• On Sunday, October 16th you can also take a hike with Hopewell Twp Recreation! Meet up at Washington Crossing Park at 10am for a 3.5 mile hike.
• On Saturday, Oct 22, have more fun with Hopewell Recreation at Haunted Hopewell! This is a free family event for all ages, 3pm-5pm. More info can be found at the Township’s recreation page online (www.hopewelltwp.org/recreation).
• And finally, October 31st is Halloween. Happy Halloween and please be careful.