TOWNSHIP OF HOPEWELL
201 Washington Crossing Pennington Road
Titusville, New Jersey 08560-1410
March 13, 2020
Modifications to Hopewell Township Operating Procedures in Response to COVID-19:
To: Hopewell Township Residents, Business Owners and Other Community Members
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020 Hopewell Township will be modifying the way we conduct business to increase social distancing as recommended by the CDC in response to the evolving virus known as COVID-19. These decisions have been carefully considered by the members of the Hopewell Township Committee, the Administration and the Township Health Officer, Stephanie D. Carey.
Changes to Township Operations will be as follows:
- The hours of operation for the Senior Center located at 395 Reading Street in Pennington will be limited to 11 am to 12:30 pm. THE MERCER COUNTY NUTRITION PROGRAM WILL CONTINUE DURING THOSE HOURS OF OPERATION.
- All other Senior Programs will be cancelled from March 16th — March 29th. We will reassess on March 26th and will advise the community.
- All municipal fields will be closed to teams from March 16th — April 12th. We will reassess future activities on April 9th
- All meetings for the two-week period, March 16th to March 27th will be cancelled with the exception of: Planning Board, Zoning Board, Board of Health and Township Committee meetings. Seating for these meetings will be modified to ensure social distancing. We will implement other measures to protect the health of the broader public, as needed.
- The Township Municipal building will be closed to all visitors for the two-week period, March 16th to March 27th. Doors will remain locked during the day. Visitation will be by appointment only. Please check the Hopewell Township website at www.hopewelltwp.org to find the number for the department you need to meet with.
Anyone needing to get documents to the Municipal building can use the drop box located outside the utility door at the northeast corner of the building. If documents are too large for the drop box, please call and arrange for a document exchange outside of the building on the covered area by the main doors. The Township will do its best to communicate electronically or by mail with our visitors.
- Any outdoor inspections will continue as scheduled.
- Inspectors asked to work within a structure will be asking: "Is everyone in the structure feeling well today?" If the answer is "no," we will reschedule the inspection.
I understand that these changes may be disappointing and inconvenient for our community however, these are unprecedented times for all of us. Hopewell Township is committed to providing quality community service that puts the safety of our residents, businesses and our employees first.
Please stay up-to-date on COVID-19 by checking the CDC website at: www.cdc.gov/cornavirus/2019-nCoV.