Mercer County is proud to offer free at-home COVID-19 testing. These tests are available to all residents of Mercer County, free of charge.
The saliva collection test for COVID-19 has the same effectiveness as the nasal swab test. This test is performed under the supervision of our healthcare provider, Vault, through a video telehealth visit eliminating the risk of person-to-person exposure to the virus.
To register for your at-home testing kit, you must first fill out the form below to verify your Mercer County residency. Immediately following your submission, you will receive a link to receive your kit. This is FREE to all Mercer County residents, and health insurance is not required but a claim will be submitted if are covered.
Please note the following:
- There is no out of pocket cost for this test.
- You must be a resident of Mercer County or employed as a first responder or health care worker in Mercer County.
- Only adults over the age of 18 are eligible for this test.
- You will receive your code within 48 hours.
- This is not an antibody test. This test is designed to determine if you currently are infected with COVID-19 and have the potential to infect others.
More information can be obtained at mercercares.org or by emailing HomeTesting@mercercounty.org.
If your test is positive, or if you have symptoms, call your health care professional.