News Flash Home
The original item was published from 10/23/2020 11:06:49 AM to 10/23/2020 5:36:03 PM.
Home - Hopewell Township News
Posted on: October 23, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Hopewell Valley Green Team hosts final Recycling Event of the season on Saturday
Hopewell Valley Green Team is hosting its final Recycling Event of the season on Saturday, October 24th, at the Pennington Farmers Market.
PENNINGTON FARMERS MARKET COLLECTION
- #5 PLASTIC CONTAINERS (please clean them out!)
- BRITA WATER FILTERS
- DENTAL CARE PRODUCTS (toothpaste tubes with cap, toothbrushes, floss containers, etc.)
- STICK DEODORANT CONTAINERS
- WINE BOTTLE CORKS (not plastic)
- CDs and DVDs (Note: please remove discs from jewel cases, which are recyclable but please take out any paper inserts)
- BUTTON CELL BATTERIES (from hearing aids, calculators, etc.)
- NEW: ALKALINE BATTERIES (non-rechargeable, spent alkaline batteries used in portable electronic devices. Note: please tape the ends of the batteries to prevent current transfer; no corroded or leaking batteries accepted)
- NEW: PENS, PENCILS and MARKERS (any brand of pens, pen caps, mechanical and wooden pencils, highlighters, markers, marker caps, permanent markers, and permanent marker caps)
- NEW: ATHLETIC BALLS (any brand and size of sports ball including tennis balls, baseballs, softballs, wiffleballs, basketballs, golf balls, dodge balls, racquetballs, soccer balls, footballs, ping-pong balls, and foam balls. Note: please deflate large balls, if possible.)
- NEW: SHAVING RAZORS (any brand of blades and razors including systems and disposable units, replaceable-blade cartridge units, rigid plastic packaging, and flexible plastic bag packaging)
Last Saturday of the month during the summer (9 am – 1 pm) organized by the Hopewell Valley Green Team. Bring everything to our tents at Pennington Farmers Market held at Rosedale Mills, 101 Route 31 North, Pennington. For personal safety and practicing social distancing we now ask that you sort and deposit your items into the different collection boxes provided.
Clean #5 plastics will be taken to Whole Foods on behalf of Preserve. Wine bottle corks will be shipped to a cork tile manufacturer in Missouri. We thank Sustainable Jersey for a generous grant to fund our new collection boxes.