News Flash Home
The original item was published from 9/13/2021 3:23:43 PM to 10/1/2021 12:00:08 AM.
Home - Hopewell Township News
Posted on: September 15, 2021
[ARCHIVED] September is National Preparedness Month #15- Preparedness for People on Campus
September is National Preparedness Month. This month we will be sending out regular posts about things you can do in your home to be prepared if an emergency or disaster occurs.
#15 Disaster Preparedness for People on Campus
- Know how your campus communicates in the case of an emergency, and be sure you are registered.
- Know the nearest exit for your residence, and also an alternate in case the nearest one is blocked
- Know what disasters could affect your area, which could call for an evacuation, and when to shelter in place.
- Prepare an emergency supply kit- more information from Ready.Gov can be found here
- Be sure both your kit and your electronic device include a list of key contacts
- Keep a NOAA Weather Radio tuned to your local emergency station and monitor TV, radio and follow mobile alert and mobile warnings about severe weather in your area.
- Download the FEMA app and get weather alerts from the National Weather Service